Sunday, March 26

Misconceptions

Dear You,

Why is it they stare at me, while I walk down the street?
Why is this world always set out, to create some big defeat?
Is it the colour of my skin, my scarf or my long gown?
Or is it what I hold inside, my heart that puts them down?

How can my faith, of peace and truth, be misconstrued to be,
Something other than what’s in The Book, for all the world to see?
No bombs, no knives, no guns, no hate, no obscurity,
Just my own guide, to live my life, prepare for all eternity.

I don’t hate the passers by, for what they are to me,
For most of them are strangers, being who they want to be.
What gives any human, the right to display cruelty?
No matter what that persons, race or religion be.

Let them not inside my heart, cause hate or anxiety,
Let them not hinder my place in this society.
Melt their stone cold hearts, so that some day they may unearth,
That compassion deep inside their souls, show them their true worth.

I can tolerate the consequence, of the minority that hate
I can take it all, for only You decide my fate.
May it only make me stronger; I know it’s for the best,
All I ask of You though, is to protect the rest.

Yours truly, Me

Written by Soul Scripture; 2006


1 comment:

Student of Knowledge said...

Masha'Allah this is a beautiful poem. I pray that Allah protects us from the hatred of others. ameen. Shaykh Riyadh ul Haq spoke on "Malice: To Hate and to Hurt" last week. I'm sure that notes from this talk will appear on this blog soon insha'Allah :)