- Allaah swears an oath by these 10 days, and when Allah swears an oath by something it indicates its importance and great benefit. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "By the dawn; by the ten nights" [al-Fajr 89:1-2].
Ibn ‘Abbaas, Ibn al-Zubayr, Mujaahid and others of the earlier and later generations said that this refers to the first ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah. Ibn Katheer said: "This is the correct opinion." (Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 8/413)
- The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) testified that these are the best days of this world and Allah has preferred them over all the other days of the year
- The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) commanded us to recite a lot of Dhikr (remembrance) of Allah, example – Allahu Akbar, La elaha illallah, Alhamdulillah, Subhaanallah
- These days include the Day of Arafaah, on which Allaah perfected / completed the religion of Islaam and fasting on this day will expiate for the sins of two years
- These days include the pilgrims (hujjaj) performing Hajj in Mecca
- These days include the Day of Sacrifice – Eid ul Adhaa